This weekend I spent some time looking for a new desk for home, so I was in both of the major office supply stores in our area, not to mention the routine Grocery and Walmart runs.
The first thought that crossed my mind was it's only JULY, so WHY all the School supplies. . . then it hit me . . . school starts in just a few weeks!
Now in my mind, it does not matter if your a Working Mom, a Stay at Home Mom, or a Teacher your STRESS LEVELS will be Mounting over the next few weeks. Worried about how you're going to get it ALL done and still on budget.
Regretfully, I can't help you with that, but I can share some "Short Exercises for Relaxing" which just might help you get through the start of the school year.
Short Hand Massage
1. Lubricate your fingers with a small amount of Body Butter
2. Start from your wrist, working towards your fingers
3. Follow the contours of each hand with stroking movements
4. Gently, slowly squeeze and stretch your fingers one at a time from the left little finger over to the right little finger (Always Rub UP the the fingers from the knuckle to the nail)
5. Use friction on each of your finger joints both back and front
6. Use your thumb to stroke your palm in a circular motion adding a little pressure
The Relaxing Sigh
1. Sit or stand up straight
2. Let out a deep sigh of relief as the air rushes out of your lungs
3. Don't think about inhaling; just let the air come back in naturally
4. Repeat this procedure 8-10 times whenever you feel the need for it, and experience the feeling of relaxation.
1. Clench your fists. While keeping them clenched, pull your forearms tightly up against your upper arms.
2. While keeping those muscles tense, tense all the muscles in your legs
3. While keeping all those tense, clench your jaws and shut your eyes fairly tight - not too tightly
4. Now, while holding all those tense, take a deep breath and hold it for 5 seconds
5. Let everything go all at one. Feel yourself letting go of all of your tensions. Just enjoy that feeling for a minute as your muscles let go more and more.