Many of my customers that purchase our Magnesium Lotion are battling Fibromyalgia, so when I saw this article from Remedy Daily, I thought that I would share it with everyone. Hope that you find the article informative
Understanding fibromyalgia: causes, symptoms and treatment
Fibromyalgia is a musculoskeletal disorder that causes fatigue, widespread muscle and joint pain and memory and mood issues, according toWebMD. And while fibromyalgia is the most common musculoskeletal condition after osteoarthritis, it's still not well understood by the medical world.
Women are actually much more likely to suffer from fibromyalgia than men, and at this time there is no cure for the disorder. Since fibromyalgia can cause symptoms that are similar to osteoarthritis, it's important to understand the signs, symptoms and risk factors that are associated with the disorder to make sure you're treated properly.
There are three risk factors that increase your chances of developing fibromyalgia, according to the Mayo Clinic:
1. Sex. Women are more likely to develop the disorder than men.
2. Family history. If a family member has fibromyalgia, you are at an increased risk of developing it.
3. Rheumatic disease. If you have rheumatoid arthritis or lupus, you might have a higher risk of developing fibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia often causes widespread pain and fatigue, and it can cause certain parts of the body to be painful to touch -- like they've been overworked or pulled. The disorder also can affect your sleeping habits, usually limiting the amount of restful sleep you can achieve, and cause depression. Other symptoms, according to WebMD, include:
- Abdominal pain
- Chronic headaches
- Dryness in your mouth, nose and eyes
- Hypersensitivity to cold and/or heat
- Inability to concentrate
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Numbness or tingling in your fingers and feet